Parts Counter Specialist
Company Description: North Royalton Power Equipment is an industry leading, family owned outdoor power equipment dealership providing the highest quality and best supported outdoor power equipment in the industry since 1995. In addition to Sales, we have a certified & experienced Service department, as well as a knowledgeable Parts department with a large inventory of OEM parts for the brands we sell. Our customers include landscapers, municipalities, arborists, grounds managers, and homeowners. As a small business, we are dedicated to providing our customers with superior service to build trust and integrity in order to build and maintain those relationships.
We’ve continued to grow throughout the years, and right now is an exciting time to join the team as we are continuing to improve and innovate our foundation and systems across all departments. We are currently seeking an experienced Parts Counter Associate who is committed to customer service, has good communication skills, a great attitude and a strong work ethic.
We primarily sell and service Scag and Exmark commercial turf equipment, Stihl hand held equipment and Boss snow and ice control equipment. Year-round employment.
- Communicate with technicians to assess needs
- Answer telephone and greet customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Communicate effectively with customers and vendors via phone, in-person or email.
- Assist customers by answering questions, other assistance as requested in a quick, friendly, and professional manner.
- Maintain clean and professional appearance of counter, work area, and stock room.
- Order parts and shop supplies from suppliers based on shop and customer requests.
- Receive, unpack, and store parts in appropriate storage areas so they are readily available when needed.
- Check quantity and condition of goods received against invoices and purchase orders. Check number and unit cost as well as total billing for charges against proper records.
- Specifies parts accurately.
- Process core returns, parts warranties and parts returns as necessary.
- Register new units
- Stock showroom
- Inventory control
- Assist with Stihl Sales on the showroom floor
- Process equipment drop-offs
- Completing forms for bid and fleet programs
- Previous Parts Consultant experience, preferred
- Knowledge of commercial lawn equipment preferred
- Understand basic mechanical and hydraulic components and systems
- A team player who is focused on providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Working knowledge of computers
- Ideal Computer System experience a plus (but not required)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Very well-equipped shop
- Flexible hours
- Competitive wages & consistent pay, compensation package
- Medical and dental coverage
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Continued technical training, “hands-on” and online factory supported and sponsored.
- Year-round employment
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules